Sunday, November 22, 2009

Adding some Iron

*Edit* this was a mistake. Don't use ironite for this application.

I put about a cup of ironite in a bucket with 6-8 cups of fish water - It was super murky so I just scooped out about 2-3 cups of that fishwater/ironite mix and added that to my fish tank which is about ~15 gallons. Hope my goldfish live...you can still see some orange blurs (goldfish) in the murky water. I put some of the murky water in a clear cup to see just how bad it was - you can still read the writting on the pvc pipe in back of the cup.




1 comment:

  1. Seaweed powder has a lot of iron so I used it but it turned the water as dark as coffee. Luckily I added it to an empty aquarium and not my aquaponic system.

    I just found your blog and noticed that it's been a while since you've posted even though it appears you were having good results.

    Did you ever find a good source of chelated iron?

    Bob
    chicoaquaponic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete